VENUE: FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC OKOH, ANAMBRA STATE.
Oko (Ana Oko) is an Igbo speaking town in southeastern Nigeria. It is one of the 16 major towns that make up the geo-political area called Orumba North Local Government Area of Anambra State. Oko is regarded as a citadel of learning due to the early embrace of Western education and establishment of the first Polytechnic in the old Anambra (present Anambra, Enugu, and part of Ebonyi) State.
Oko is also widely recognized because of its erosion site, which has baffled geologists for many years and records have it that it is supposedly deeper than the Grand Canyon. It’s boundary lies very close to the famous Obgunike Cave.
Oko is also home to the Late Dr. Alex Ifeanyichukwu Ekwueme, the first elected Vice President of Nigeria. We were privileged to have been received by his Excellency before is demise later on in the year.
FYEA has impacted about one thousand five hundred direct and indirect beneficiaries out of which two hundred and sixty-six participated in the third edition of the FYEA project were participants from Federal Polytechnic Oko, Anambra State.
FEATURED SKILLS ARE:
- Cocktail & Fruit Art
- Ankara Craft
- Makeup & Gele
- Cloth Embellishment
- Shoe Making
DIGNITARIES IN ATTENDANCE:
- Her Excellency, Wife of the Anambra State Governor, Mrs. Ebele Obiano represented by the Commissioner for Youth and Women Affaiirs.
- Mrs. Gladys Anene – Deputy Rector Admin (Federal Polytechnic Oko).
- Mr. Leonard Ezeugwu – Director, Fidelity Bank PLC (Representing the MD/CEO Fidelity Bank Plc)
- CEO of BEN TV – Alister Soyode
- Sir Ejike Nwabana; Deputy Rector Academic
- Hon Remmy Chukwunyere – Youth Ambassador and SA to Imo State Government on Job creation.
- Dr. Fred Obodoeze